Kalyazin Local History Museum was founded in 1920, after the Trinity men's first-class Macarius Monastery was shut down.
The first exposition was opened at the Macarius Monastery. During whole history of the museum, its expositions changed repeatedly. Opened in 1991, the exposition, despite the limited space, is quite varied. One section is devoted to the history and development of Trinity Kalyazin men's monastery, which dates from calendar 1434. Another section of the exposition is devoted to the merchant and the petty-bourgeois estate. The attention attracts the interior of the XVIII century, which shows the items of furniture, sculpture, paintings of F.S. Rokotov and painters of art schools belonged to V.L. Borovikovsky. All subjects of the noble items the museum received from estates of Kalyazin County.
Kalyazin museum is one of the largest in the Tver region. For 90 years it has been accumulating an extensive local history material. One of the 34 branches in the area, it is among the five largest departments of Tver United Museum. Collection, which arrived over the past few years, it is very interesting and varied. This vintage collection consists of books, icons, documents, objects of the Soviet period