www.Museum.ru :
        Web site   |   Professional   |   Images
       in Russian  
Uglich museum

Phone: (48532) 5-36-78, 8-800-250-7317

Address: 152615, Yaroslavl region, Kreml, Uglich

Location: From the railuay station by the bus 3 before Uspenskaya area, from the bus station 200 m., from the river port - 200 m.

Working hours:*

    www.russianmuseums.info/M1610 - official web page
    Uglich museum - W892, official web site uglmus.ru/

    E-Mail: ,

billboard, events and excursions

    The Uglich museum is one of the oldest museums in Russia. It is situated on the territory of the Kremlin. The Kremlin is a historical and architectural nucleus of the ancient town. The oldest structure of the Kremlin en-semble- a chamber of the palace of apanage princes of Uglich- is a part of the vast palace complex erected by Prince Andrei Bolshoi in the 80s of the 15th century. This is one of the oldest residential buildings in Russia. The church of Prince Dmitri "on the blood" (1692) was erected on the spot of death of the eight-year-old Prince. The western wall of the high temple part is decorated with a big composition to the subject of the Uglich events on May 15, 1591. The "exile bell" that had announced the death of Prince Dmitri to the citizens and spent three hundred years in exile in Siberia is also presented here. The Kremlin buildings house the Uglich museum. It was founded in 1892 in a newly restored chamber of the princes' palace. The museum's collection includes a large number of unique exhibits, especially the collection of ancient Russian art. Provincial portraits of the museum's collection are of both artistic and ethnographic significance. Among the historical relics, the stretcher and the shrine in which the remains of Prince Dmitri were carried to Moscow in 1606 are on special significance

Museum's services:
   museum shop, lecture hall

Next to the museum there are:
    hotels and restaurants

for museum professionals

Administrative phone:
    (48532) 5-17-57, Fax: (48532) 5-17-57

Foundation and opening day:
    opened: 03.06.1892

Organisation status:
   State Russia

Organization form:

Organisation type:
    culture for society, scientific

    Architect and monuments,Historical,Painting art

    permament show rooms 1062м2
    museum's store 474м2
    museum's parks 3,4га

Employee number:
    57 (curators: 18)

Average visitors per year:

Specific departments:
    archive, science library, restoration dep. (реставрация станковой темперной живописи и тканей)

Collections volume:
    34915, rare collection's items: 25380

Web sites and CD-disks:

Copyright (c) 1996-2024 Uglich museum

Copyright (c) 1996-2024  Russian Museums .info