Museum of the outstanding surgeon, one of the founders of neurosurgery, doctor of medical Sciences, academician N. N. Burdenko was opened in 1976, the 100th anniversary of his birth.
The exposition was created in the memorial house of the scientist's parents, specially transferred from Peski street to the territory of the regional hospital named after N. N. Burdenko. Family Burdenko settled in this house in 1890, when they moved from the village of Kamenka.
The exhibition presents authentic memorial items from the Moscow apartment Burdenko. About Penza period remind a box for letters, a samovar, a table, chairs, a first-aid kit, a lamp and a piano.
The Museum has a seven-volume collection of works of the academician, his scientific library, numbering 860 volumes. The library has a large number of books with inscriptions of outstanding scientists