The museum-estate of Surikov is one of oldest architectural and historical complexes of Krasnoyarsk. The museum was opened in 1948. It is the typical Cossacs manor of 19th century. Apart from the wooden house that was built in 1830 on territory of manor there are a barn, a bath and the house for the guests.
The memorial and historical materials about Surikov's art, his personal things and pictures are keep in the house. The collection of museum which is taking place on the second floor, includes 38 paintings and 52 graphic pictures. On the 1st floor the house hold atmosphere which was surrounded Surikovs family is reconstructed.
The museum is one of the famous cultural places of the city