The State Museum «Nevskaja zastava» is in the two-storied wooden building. It's a typical building of the late 19th century. Four worker's families lived here. In 1894-1895 the Marxist worker's group of the Nevsky district gathered here in the room of the Obuhovsky plant's worker - Vasiliy Shelgunov.
The memorial plaque on the facade reminds us that Marxist meetings were led by the young lawyer Vladimir Ulianov-Lenin. The museum of the revolutionary history was opened in this building in 1967, on the day of the 100th anniversary of Shelgunov. Since 1995 it became the historical museum of the Nevsky district.
Today the museum's exhibition is devoted to the history of the Nevsky district, which is closely connected with the Saint-Petersburg's history.
Our museum is situated on the territory of the ancient village Koykossy