The museum was opened for public on the 5-th September in 1985/ The state status was conferred on the museum in 1992 (№ 357)
You can see a lot of interesting things in our museum , such as the coat of arms of Tyukalinsk, the bones of ancient animals (the bones of mammoth and the nose of rhinoceros), the peasant`s house, the handcuffs used for convicts, who were pursued along Moscow - Siberia highway, samovars of Tula`s plants, ovens` doors of Kaslinskiy plant, the collection of coins, etc.
There are samovars of the eighteenth century in our museum. One of them was presented to eighteen Russian fairs and won twelve gold medals/ The museum organizers different kinds of exhibitions, meetings of youth and veterans, games. Sometimes we teach History or Ecology classes for students.
The museum is known not only in our region, but also in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The son of the first doctor in Tyukalinsk S.O.Ryneiskyi lives in Moscow. He presented his parents` books and tools to our museum. The major - general E. Manuilov from St. Petersburg, the member of Geographical Society helps us.
We have enough information about our region but we try to enrich our fund. Tyukalinsk was founded in 1759. The main task of our museum is to rouse people to love our native region.