History of Museum of Apsheronsk begins in the late 1960s, when the formation of the collection under the direction of Uvarov Ilya Gavrilovic (1898-1962). Dynamic development of the museum lasted until the beginning of 1990s. In times of state changes in the funds were transferred to the district Cossack society and placed in 4 halls of the former ataman management. Only in 2003, the museum highlighted the reconstructed building. This is the year of the museum grounds.
The great interest of visitors caused the war theme collections, archeology, paleontology, history of education of the Cossack, and the history of the region. Historical and cultural specificity of the region allows you to accumulate a completely different direction in the museum. The territory of the region belongs to the complex border lands. Caucasus range in all periods of history was a natural boundary between local cultures, from the earliest periods of ethnic education. Through the territory of the region (Colchis Gate) ran one of the Caucasian branch of the Silk Road, leaving traces of the trading caravans in the cultural layer. Some archaeological objects are on display at the Museum of Apsheronsk. His imprint on the territory left the ancient Tethys Ocean, providing researchers paleontological material.
Special attention is given to the Museum of the Great Patriotic War. On the territory of the region during the war were active hostilit