The Municipal Department of Culture " The Territory Museum of Krasnogorskiy Region" was founded in 2001, after the Regional History Club that founded in 1983. The Museum is situated on the second floor of the Central Regional Library.
There are four exhibition halls in the museum:
1. The Room of the history of the Krasnogorskiy Region before the Great October Social Revolution of 1917.
2. The Room of the history of Krasnogorskoye from 1917 till 1940.
3. "The Room of the military Memory of the Region".
4. " The Hero Labor Room of the Region".
The fundamental fund of the museum consists of 3542 exibitional units.
The major part of the museum visitors are the pupils of different schools of Krasnogorskiy Region, the students of the Professional College number 80 that is situated in the village of Krasnogorskoye and students of many other educational institutions.
In the Museum you can listen to the different lectures or attend the exhibitions and take part in an excursion. There are also take place the history lessons for pupils in the Museum.
Besides the excursions, lecture and exhibitions of different kind the Museum take an active part in regional and territory affairs, arrange the holidays and celebrations