Kalinin Front museum was opened in May 2002 in the village of Emmaus, the place where the December 5th, 1941 troops of the Kalinin Front broke through the defenses of the German troops, the beginning of a Red Army counteroffensive near Moscow.
There are two expositions, exhibition and lecture halls in the museum. There was exposed the complex of materials on the offensive forces of the Kalinin Front December 5, 1941 at the observation deck between the ground and first floors.
The main exposition of the museum is allocated at two halls on the first floor. The materials of the first hall reflect the events of the early months of the World War II, fighting in the region, defense and liberation of Kalinin. The centerpiece of the room is a diorama, "The battle for Tvertsa bridge."
The exposition of the second hall tells about the operations of the Kalinin Front in 1942-1943. The exposition is completed by the complex of material about changing the name of the Kalinin Front to the 1st Baltic Front in October 20, 1943, its continued fighting way, a dignified end of the war successor to the Kalinin Front